Your customer dials your number and it’s forwarded to your existing number through a switch center. The call rings on your existing phone line, and you simply answer it like you would any other call. Some people avoid getting a toll-free number because they’ve been told that it’s a complicated process or that it involves a lot of time and effort. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Purchasing a toll-free number is simple and straightforward. In fact, tollfreenumber.org takes care of everything for you and will usually have brand new numbers ready for calls in under three days. However, given that they are so focused on customer service, they will be happy to try to have your number ready earlier if you are in a rush to get it.
- Can other countries call my new toll-free number?
- Is there a voicemail option with toll-free numbers?
- How am I billed for my toll-free number?
- What if my toll-free number is taken; can I find out who owns it?
- Can I transfer my toll-free number calls to my cell phone?
- Can I have extensions with my toll-free number?
- Will I have to get a separate line for my toll-free number?
- Can I have multiple toll-free numbers ring on one phone line?
- What is tollfreenumber.org and how long has it been around?