You likely encounter toll-free numbers, in some form, on a daily basis. Whether it’s plastered across a billboard on the side of the road, or you have to dial one to speak with a customer service representative, toll-free numbers are so common that we tend to overlook their importance.
When it comes to business marketing, however, a toll-free number is one of the most valuable tools available. It may not seem like much. After all, how is it that ten digits could be the catalyst that transforms small, struggling businesses into thriving companies? Why is having a toll-free number so important to future success?
The answer to these and other questions will be covered in this chapter.
- A brief history of toll-free numbers
- Vanity Numbers
- The benefits of having a toll-free number.
- It lends credibility to businesses
- It improves customer satisfaction
- It removes geographic limitations on your business
- It increases the chance of repeat customers
- It increases your mobility
- It gives you an edge over the competition
- The types of businesses that could benefit from a toll-free number
- Time is of the essence when it comes to toll-free number selection